Monday, February 20, 2006



Badminton Tournament

Some friends and I went to a badminton tournament yesterday. I paired with Yen-lien to play mixed-double. It's my first time to play in a "serious" game. (K said, "so, you are going to play badminton seriously?! Don't twist your arms or legs." Is that an encouragement???)

Although I had decided and claimed that I was there only for fun and wouldn't be nervous at all since everybody knew that I was just a beginner, my ears never stopped ringing during the games and my arms kept trembling. The other team might have wondered why this woman kept breathing hard and touching her ears, or she's passing signals to her partner. They did not know that our only strategy was to "hit the shuttle and make sure that it flies over the net".

We didn't win any games at all (sorry for my partner though, he's a good player), but it was great fun. I saw a lot of good players and studied how they moved their bodies and supported their partners. The post-tournament session with Toyo and Yushan allowed me to apply what I just learned in the game.

It's good fun and good lesson on my mental and physical attitudes to badminton!

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to explain the rule with the picture of the court^^
    I had great fun at that day. I should do some sport more often. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I am not very good at the rules either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely to run into you today!

    ReplyDelete