Monday, May 29, 2006


Birthday party for 2 Ys

Happy birthday to Yushan and Yuki, two pretty and kind girls!



They had a very successful party last weekend, and every guest was amazed and pleased by everything that they had done to share their joy.

*An anecdote about the cake:

In the party, when the b-day girls were taking pictures of the matcha cake, I overheard a conversation between them. The one advised the other, "you should take the picture from another angle, did you notice that it is in the shape of an apple?"
I was a little confused and therefore asked gentleman O by my side whether he thought it's shaped as an apple. He smiled embarrassedly and gave no answer. (He knew that I made the cake and might have thought that he had to answer my question with caution.) I murmured again to him, "do you think I should tell them that I have tried to make it look like a 4-leaf white clover?" He laughed and shook his head.
Apparently I was not good enough at the design. It indeed looked much fatter than a clover, and more like an apple. After rotating the image several times today, I also found that it could be a mushroom. : )

12 comments:

  1. As long as it tated good then Im sure noone minded :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I meant "tasted", and Im sure it was every bit as good as your other cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops!! Sorry. I seriously thought it was an apple and have never doubted that it might be something else.
    Haha..

    It was so pretty and tasty. You must tell me how to make it next time!!

    Thank you for the lovely cake and great help at the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, thanks for making it fun to have someone to cook for. : )

    I basically followed the recipe found at "http://www.euphocafe.com/recipe.asp?rid=178". However, I substituted matcha cream for red bean paste as the latter was not available to me. We can talk more about it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wanchen!! The cake was owesome!! I swear.

    Also big thanks to Yushan and Yuki for such a lively party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comment, Koji! Nice talk with you too! Some insiders' opinions about high school life. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a really bad habit of making assumption... the anonymous is not a lady...:-O

    ReplyDelete
  9. i got one anonymous comment too and have no clue who that may be...

    thanking you for the lovely zong zi, yeah yeah yeah~~

    how was the concert??

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a good party. I seemed to be partying a lot within the last week, having spent much of the last month doing very little.

    Wanchen, it is interesting that you would assume anonymous to be female. I would assume male. Perhaps this reflects one's gender?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's very interesting that we are all so curious about those anonymous commentators and try hard to dig out their identities. But sometime, some where, we might also try to make comments anonymously. Are other people also curious about who we are?
    Wonder what they will say when they discover our identities...

    Andy, hope these parties made you happy! I believe there will be more celebrations coming up, since there are still some awaiting phd candidates among us. Be ready for parties!
    Why do you think your anonymous commentator male? The case for me is that I felt the comments sounded like what one of my girl friends might say. Not sure if it's a difference of gender..

    Hiya wanyu, hohoho: ) I was quite pleased with the shape of the zong-zi. It's a lot of fun to experiment with food, now I know how to make plum-flavored matcha tea. It was my favorite drink during summer time in Taiwan!

    The concert was very nice. Sarah Briggs, the pianist, was pretty good though not particularly impressive. She played some pieces by Mozart and some by other composers to commemorate Mozart's 250th birthday. She held the championship of the International Mozart Competition years ago so that, according to her, she cannot do nothing about the genius's birthday. The 2nd of June, the day of her recital, happened to be her birthday too! She was very cute by playing a birthday song for herself and Mozart to conclude the performance. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks sweetie!
    it was good to walk around the campus with you at lunch time in the sun!

    :) sweet sweet sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete