Friday, May 25, 2018

My Lunchbox Diary V


Veggies and Kansai-style pancake (small fish and cabbage)

I have been quite busy in the past 10 days, especially K was absent for his work. From some point last week, lunchbox has become an everyday routine in the kindergarten, and it is getting a bit difficult to track them if I miss a day or two on blogger.

Torn between the roles of a career woman and a mother, I often have the feeling of having achieved nothing and the fears of the dark future ahead. A mother has to do many small things to keep every family member’s life on tract, but these things are never serious recognized by people outside the role. Cooking is one thing that is often taken granted as it seems to some as natural as the biological need of eating. When the desire arises, food appears simultaneously. 

I keep the diary of lunchboxes in order to remind myself that I have been doing something everyday to make everyone’s life continue. The record itself will make me remember that my life continues to be functioning and useful even though I am a third-rate academic.










No comments:

Post a Comment