Tuesday, January 08, 2019

My Lunchbox Diary XXI


After a 3-week winter break,
T had to go to the Cherry Nursery (where he used to go before 2) for a day before his kindergarten properly began today.
It was his first lunchbox in 2019. Nothing was special really, but T and I have liked the purple yam very much. There are so many kinds of yam here in Japan, but some special types such as purple yam are not common and usually very pricey. The mashed yam was mixed with butter and taro and smelled very sweet. 

I had stopped thinking about new year’s resolutions for many years until last December. I received some messages from friends who replied to my report on my life in 2018. I was miserable and negative according to some of their impression. That was true. I was then alarmed that how negative I had been about things (I couldn’t help it in fact). Consequently, the negative feelings had affected my family life, too. 

There are many things that I wish to do this year. Some have to be kept to myself, but I would like to voice loud some others so that I will remember. 
First, I want to be more positive about life so that my family members will benefit from that optimism. 
Second, I want to write at least 1 academic article, one of many that I have started considering but haven’t resolved to finish. 

My character has been determining my life. So I wish to have a more positive self, who would care less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment