Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Some Thoughts about Lunchbox

T's lunch box on Dec 21
T has completed his weaning period long ago, and now his lunch boxes would contain more varieties as his taste buds also demands more flavours.



As preparing lunch box in early morning becomes a routine, it is no longer difficult except that it takes time. Although T's lunch box is never small in terms of volume, dressing up the containers is itself an art of handicraft. I came to appreciate this task of preparation as a site where my creativity and exercise a bit everyday. Colours as well as nutrition facts have to be put into consideration at the same time. Repetition is always a taboo to me as I get bored very easily and as T's every meal is noted everyday in the nursery diary. It is easy to see that sometimes his lunch box is identical to the dinner the night before. That sometimes embarrasses me, although I do know that nobody cares. Inevitably, however, some food items have a more regular appearance than others, due to the limited repertoire of dishes that I can practice.

Probably soon I will be exempted from the task of making such small lunch boxes for T if he moves to a new nursery where meals are prepared on site. Will I miss the labour and the efforts that I have made into this?

No comments:

Post a Comment