Monday, August 08, 2016

T's Reading Log VIII

A Hullabaloo in the Forest



A Hullabaloo in the Forest (title in my own translation), is a story about how a crying baby unrests the entire forest until her mother finally arrives to solve the problem.

When I saw this book in the library, I was not thinking of T's interest but my own amusement. These days, since T is having more and more opinions, he never hesitates to express them no matter where we are. It could be on a train, a bus, a bike, in a restaurant, or a public library. He would either speak (making sounds) or cry ALOUD, and these are apparently the only two means to express himself.

I always feel terribly stressed when a situation like this occurs, and these days, I have become more and more hesitant when thinking of taking hime anywhere.

This idea of "a crying baby" probably has traumatized me that I immediately felt connected to the book, especially to the cover picture.

When I read the story to T, I imitated the loud scream of a crying baby to create sound effects and entertainment, and to my surprise and amusement, T would scream along with me when we read through.

In the end, he probably felt connected to the baby and enjoyed the fun of crying out loud.

Well, that's good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment