Friday, February 19, 2016

About setting a good example

T has grown up a lot, and it's been a lot of fun to interact with him. He enjoys doing "give and take" (どうぞ、ありがとう) very much;
he likes doing mischiefs and imitating adults's behaviors. Just about two weeks ago, we noticed that he would blow very hard through his mouth, making unpleasant noises at dinner table in particular. We had no idea as to where he had picked up the trick.  One day during a meal, I left the table to blow my nose because of hey ever, and just immediately afterwards he started blowing through his mouth. Then I realized that I was the agent of that education. I have since then became very conscious of my own manners in case that he would pick up another bad habit from me.

T is in the nursery four times a week now. Despite my feminist beliefs, I cannot help feeling sorry for the arrangement, although at the same time I am keenly aware that I have work obligations, and that he enjoys friends and different stimuli in the school. We are blessed to have a place to send him to (it is another story of the social problem in Japan), and I love the place and the nurses there. However, it's not close and we do not have a car.

On the days when I deliver him, I have a great difficulty keeping the time, having so many things to prepare beforehand in the morning plus breastfeeding, and having had to get up early when I can only manage to go to bed at two in the morning. I understand that these are mere excuses, and I am to blame as being on time has not been my strength since I was little. I do feel immensely sorry and ashamed for arriving late, and especially I would have consequently made innocent T a culprit. On those days when I managed to be on time,the rest of the day went much happier for me, while those late days usually left me upset with myself.

Over the past two days, I tried a new schedule to get up before T wakes up, and it seems to work better to allow us to arrive with grace. It's still full of challenges, and I still have problems with efficiency, but I do not wish to give T such a lesson about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment