Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gateau de Legumes (Vegetable Cake/Bread)

A curious name it is for this salty bread of bacon. The word 'legumes' provoked my imagination of lettuce, mushroom,carrot, pea, etc., but none of them is in the recipe. Perhaps, it proved that my imagination is still highly charged with Asian dietary. Instead, olives, bacon, dried tomato, and cheese are added.

A good side-dish for dinner or for a quick lunch!

For me, baking is more like a punctuation mark that signals intervals between works. It always helps me recuperate energy for next stage. There are occasions on which I do baking amongst endless works, and curiously those products have never been satisfactory. Something un-nameable is always missing in the flavor. The recipe is the same one, and I am quite a careful cook when it comes to baking. I follow word by word, literally, on the recipe even if I have done it for hundreds of times. No kidding.

Perhaps it's the absent-mindedness that makes the difference, a whole-hearted willingness is missing.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to comment that this Gateau de Legumes was nice and I enjoyed it. Thanks for offering one. Perhaps, "absent-mindedness" gave the eater to grow their imaginations.

    Just let me know next time you bake. I shall check it with my mind emptied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoshi, your comment is very poetic!:)

    ReplyDelete