Monday, August 20, 2007

L got married.



It's been a while after L's wedding in June. I just saw the photos of the ceremony these days and was again touched by the beauty and the significance that this event was meant to be. She was extremely pleased and was surrounded by friends and beloved families. It was a shame that I was unable to attend her wedding.



L and I have been friends for almost 12 years since the first day of our university life. We and four other girls shared a room in NCCU female dormitory for an entire year. Six of us in total. That was an extraordinary year for all of us, I think, or at least for me: trying to know and to get used to each other, especially it is perhpas the first time for all of us to live far away from home. We also enjoyed an extraordinary excitement in exploring Taipei city by scooters. Riding through empty streets on countless midnights. After the first year, we continued living close to each other almost for the rest of the 3 years before completing the degree.

L is such a different woman, realistic but temperately and pleasantly imaginative. Although she always thinks that she has a rather rash temper, in fact a very tender and caring friend she is.

Our friendship went through ups and downs at some turns during these years, and thankfully L is such an open-minded and passionate person that she tolerated my quirkiness. We hadn't seen each other for years before a meet-up last December when she told me this news about her marriage.

After that, she kept me updated about their preparation for the new house, the wedding and the photo-shooting, and she told me the date as soon as they'd reached a decision. She kindly shared with me every bit of happiness in the process. Their smiles are charming, so tenderly reflecting each other's good nature.

Happy marriage and blissful future together to L and her husband!

6 comments:

  1. Where can I view her photos??

    ReplyDelete
  2. L's blog is 'Impractical Pragmatism', you can have access to it from my blog, it is one of the links in 'Tongue 1'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely! she is content and happy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow, i want to get married soon soon too..hahaha : )
    and also, long time no see neh, wanchen, hope everything's going fine with you!!!

    hugs,
    rita
    http://blog.roodo.com/hocheleben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Peiling!!! indeed long time no see! it's been a really really long while, isn't it? a couple of years...
    We are both such wanderers, perhaps.
    : )
    I do not know where I will be after next year so far... can only be patient and try my best.

    I am doing fine and am leading a rather slow pace of life. You know well that I am always a slow-minded person. But things are fine here with me.

    How's things with you? I have been reading your blog, and you are such an emphatic writer all the time.
    Marriage is a sweet thing and sharing life with someone that you love and care for is such a bliss. I totally understand.

    And, dear sis, I always think that you know what you want, and I never have doubt that you are capable of doing whatever you determine to do. Remember I will always support you and give you all the best wishes. Best for everything now and future! warmth, Wanchen

    ReplyDelete