Friday, March 02, 2007


York International Woman's Week II

It's a small advertisement about 'York International Woman's Week' 3-11/March/2007 in York. For full programme of this event, please click, YIWW.

Following last year's "A Question of Power (I)", Sue and Ann, directors of The Real People Theatre, are giving another heart-warming show this year.


The Real People Theatre presents A Question of Power (2)
Saturday 10 March 2007, 2.00pm
Drama Studio 2, York St Johns College, Lord Mayors' Walk (wheelchair access)
Focusing on empowerment and disempowerment through the eyes of women using theatre, dance, song, story and poetry. This is an IWW collaboration including voices from different cultures and different ages. From personal to global issues - what can we do to bring about positive change? The second in a series of three annual productions for IWW with audience discussion following the show.
Tickets: £5 (£4 concession) on the door or for advance purchase telephone Sue Lister on 01904 488870.


I was very glad that I was able to take a part in the production of last year's "A Question of Power (1)" (you could read my diaries about the event written in last Feb and last March). It can be treated as a landmarked event for me in terms of how the performance allows me to know more about my writing, my expression, and my life attitude.
I would love to join the show or just to attend the event this year again if it is not for a conference in Wales on that day.

"A Question of Power (II)" promises a comfortable, relaxing, and thought-inspiring afternoon where good stories and beautiful melodies of life await you.

Men are welcome too for sure.

Image: The Shrimp Girl, by William Hogarth (c. 1745)

No comments:

Post a Comment