Tuesday, September 26, 2006



Home

We all love this new place to stay for the next year.
Dear housemates, W, K, and Y offered warm help to accommodate us in the house! Your kindness and precious care make the house such a nice home!

I really felt sorry that my helpers had to MOVE SO MANY of my stuffs (you can hardly imagine the amount). I never know (in fact I knew already, I just didn't learn the lesson) that a single woman's household could be so HUGE. The clean lady in Wentworth was very shocked to see my boxes and bags piled up in the corridor waiting to be removed, and so were other residents...
Big thanks to my dear helpful moving hands, TY, AD, KJ, YS, K, WY and C+Y. Without them, I couldn't have done it efficiently and smoothly in 2 hours.

September sends away bright summer and ushers in poetic autumn.
It is a peculiar month especially on university calendar. A mixture of feelings--sadness, excitement, uncertainty--pervades. Everybody is driven to move onward along the course of life. Everything is compelled to change. Some people depart for new destinations, but new people arrive to begin a new year. It takes time for stayers to bridge the emotional gap between memory of the past year and imagination of the next.

"Goodbye" is no more simple-minded.

What is next year like?

1 comment: