Tuesday, July 18, 2006



York Mystery Plays, 9th and 16th of July 2006 (Sun) I:
Even angels needed ice cream!!

The quadrennial York Mystery Plays in York by the Guilds of York was a very impressive production. It's my first and perhaps the last chance to attend this event. I will definitely miss it if I cannot make it again in 2010!

Good weather has been "haunting" York for a week, and last Sunday was absolutely sunny without a trace of cloud!! Sitting in the sun (almost a mission unimaginable for me if it had been two years ago...) in the Museum gardens, I was watching 12 mystery plays on wagons with a lot of enthusiastic audience.

It's too warm that every single performers was sweating non-stop, especially in their medieval costumes. They had my sympathy.

The temperature is not a problem to me at all, it's the strong sunbeam...
Today I am serious considering walking out with my umbrella.

4 comments:

  1. It's shame that i missed the event.
    Wanted to see angels having ice-creame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in these warm summer days, people who are having ice cream will certainly feel like an angel! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your email Wanchen - I just got back from France today so just read it. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aki, well done! I am only wearing my big hat in fact... I am a coward...

    Jenny, yes, that's a very good experience! Believe you had enjoyed France! Was it also very warm there?

    ReplyDelete