Saturday, May 20, 2006



A heart in the grey sky

It's been raining non-stop for almost two weeks. I cannot help wondering if it's me who brought the rain back to York. It rained heavily and the wind blew fiercely in Chicago on the day I left the US. At the moment when I entered Wentworth in York, it started thundering and showering and never stopped ever after. It's said that the weather had been extremely nice for the whole week during my absence...

I spotted a heart in the grey sky yesterday afternoon. Andy once posted an amazing glowing cloud-heart on his blog. If that one, at least to me, is celebrating the beauty and glory of love, this latte-ly, creamy heart seems to portray an enduring and quite joy, the joy that can always disperse deep gloom. A heart that emerges from the heavy and grey cloud is a good sign, hope this brings you away from your worries too. Enjoy these rainy days.

3 comments:

  1. It might seem like two weeks of none stop rain, but it really hasn't been that bad. It was very hot and sunny on the day of my viva. I remember feeling very hot and uncomfortable in my suit.

    I was in Exeter at the end of last week and it was really nice weather there too. I sat outside the cathedral eating a meal on the Thursday evening with friends, and had to walk in the midday heat through the Devonshire countryside the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Exeter then? Did you go hiking?
    The random sunshine this morning disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get to see much of Exeter. The little I saw was not all that impressive, although the area around the cathedral is very nice. I met up with some old friends and ate outside at a restaurant next to it.

    And no, I didn't go hiking. I will tell you the story when I next see you.

    ReplyDelete