Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Gardening in Spring, 2014 (III)

The front yard

Distant Drums and California Poppies
Compliments from passers-by these days really flattered my vanity.
I have heard that parents who helplessly admire their own babies for no reason are considered foolish. I guess, along with this logic, I would be a foolishly infatuated gardener.

Poppies and Roses are blooming at their peak despite the howling wind of printemp in Japan.

Corn Poppies
 This is the first corn poppy in the yard. There is a long story about the ways in which I simply uprooted all of its sprouts imagining that they would be invasive weeds. Thanks to my poor vision though, some have survived my destructive hands, and now it is blooming like beautiful a red saucer.
The Blue Moon

Voluminous, gently coloured and fragrant are the Blue Moon. I sometimes wonder how I would count roses, since that the blossoms are as big as one's palm. Perhaps, a head of rose?

No comments:

Post a Comment