Thursday, April 07, 2011


Prayer in the Morning

Since last month, the world has gone out of control. The quake and its unfolding aftermath in northern Japan, the outbreak of warfare in the Middle East and the prolonged recession in global economy all have made the rest of 2011 difficult to look forward to. It has been almost a month that every morning the relay of news on BBC has inevitably resulted in anxiety, emotional upheavals and wrath.

The uncertainty in the air has made concentration on work almost impossible. Despite all the turmoil, there is one’s individual track of like to carry on.

Here I pray that I would calm down,
For only when the self is sober
Can a better understanding of the world be achieved.

I pray for positive thoughts,
For negative imagination will only shadow the future.

I pray that I feel contented
Because I have more than enough of everything
From my family and friends to live on.

I pray that I am more loving
To return the care and affection that I have received.

I pray that I am more understanding and wise
For parents only express thoughts of concern and care
And never harm.

I pray for sanity.
Even though K is Japanese,
He is not the one to blame for the current nuclear crisis.
He is an excellent listener and companion at all times.

I pray that I will be more capable
To be helpful to the needy.

I pray for a piece of peaceful mind,
For it is time to return to everyday life
And make myself a better being.

No comments:

Post a Comment