Tuesday, December 23, 2008


Christmas Penguins in the Open Market in York
Originally uploaded by Wanchen Tai

It was my last December in York. It's rather sentimental as I knew that I was leaving England for good. I am surely coming back to visit at some point, but the fact of moving away from York, a place that I've stayed for 4 years, is somehow very hard to cope with. On some farewell occasions, my friends and I were almost tearful that we had to force ourselves to say goodbye and turn away as if it's just another temporary departure as it used to be, as if we would still be able to text each other for an afternoon tea on the next day.
Meeting up again is definitely the plan, and there are several wedding occasions next year to expect. I told myself not to be negative about the departure and stay optimistic that friendship will keep us close and near no matter how far away from each other we are.

Saying goodbye is just as difficult as braving a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment