Friday, November 17, 2006


Vincent Van Gogh, 'The Starry Night'


Starry Starry Night

I was walking home on this starry starry night,
remembering a passage that a dear friend wrote for me a couple of months ago
when everything was in a mass and I quite forgot how I would like the course of life to go.

That was a beautiful passage, beautifully written.

I am remembering that passage, perhaps, because the same thought that abused me at the time is now recalled.
But this time, with a sober mind.

'Nothing lasts forever'--a notion that is perhaps unkind,
But so will trouble and sorrow be untied.

To a friend.

4 comments:

  1. Vincent van Gogh's 'The Starry Night' is one of my favourite paintings. It is so alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Van Gogh is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Van Gogh is definitely a favourite of mine. I am a big fan of the impressionist movement. I think it was the best period in the history of art to date. I am just mesmerised by so many paintings from that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressionism is certainly an important development in the history of Art. But somehow, I feel, Van Gogh has made such an extraordinary and personalized touch to oil painting that painters of later generation somehow have to struggle hard to break away from his impressionistic fashion.

    ReplyDelete