York Mystery Plays, 9th and 16th of July 2006 (Sun) I:
Even angels needed ice cream!!

The quadrennial York Mystery Plays in York by the Guilds of York was a very impressive production. It's my first and perhaps the last chance to attend this event. I will definitely miss it if I cannot make it again in 2010!

Good weather has been "haunting" York for a week, and last Sunday was absolutely sunny without a trace of cloud!! Sitting in the sun (almost a mission unimaginable for me if it had been two years ago...) in the Museum gardens, I was watching 12 mystery plays on wagons with a lot of enthusiastic audience.

It's too warm that every single performers was sweating non-stop, especially in their medieval costumes. They had my sympathy.

The temperature is not a problem to me at all, it's the strong sunbeam...
Today I am serious considering walking out with my umbrella.

Comments

  1. It's shame that i missed the event.
    Wanted to see angels having ice-creame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in these warm summer days, people who are having ice cream will certainly feel like an angel! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your email Wanchen - I just got back from France today so just read it. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aki, well done! I am only wearing my big hat in fact... I am a coward...

    Jenny, yes, that's a very good experience! Believe you had enjoyed France! Was it also very warm there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Do you think you are the greatest person in the world?"

Reading for Kids (VII)

Sophie Calle's "Exquisite Pain" in Hara Museum, Ikaho, Gumma, Japan